Monday, November 10, 2008


It was so nice to be home with Charlie and Langley today. After sharing breakfast, Langley and I joined Charlie on a trip to the dentist. We're trying to expose Langley to as many sights and sounds as possible. She did pretty well but, got board a third of the way through the visit so we took a walk. We went to lunch at Francers afterward and made a stop at Target and the post office. My much anticipated custom "Kate calender" arrived! I have wanted this dry erase calender since I first spotted it on an episode of Jon and Kate plus 8 and we finally set aside enough cash to order it for the new year. I love it so much. My OCD heart is filled with happiness. Charlie is at Monday Night Football tonight so, I had the joy of putting Langley to bed after her bath. Joey and I are hanging out watching the game and working on our laptops. Joey and Alexis have chosen no longer to live at our Dad's house. They have been spending time at my house and, despite the circumstances, it has been so nice to have them here. My family is the most important thing in the world to me. Charlie and I have seriously considered moving away this past year. Although there are situations and people that we would like to distance ourselves and Langley from, we have chosen to stay. I still believe in the "dream". I hope with all my heart that she'll have a close bond with her aunts and uncle and future cousins. They are each so smart, strong, and loyal. I feel fortunate that each one brings their unique personalities in to my family. I am so proud of the unbreakable bond that I share with my siblings and I am grateful that they are such a strong presence in Langley's life. I know our mother is so proud of each one of us.

No comments: