Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Disappointment

I know this was ment for us to use this as a forum to keep everyone updated about our daily doings, but I needed to get something off my chest. Disappointment is a strong word and I am sure lots of people feel it everyday. Over the past year I have been able to witness some of the greatest things in my life. I would not trade them for the world. Today, I am disappointed. Disappointed in myself, for not telling people how I feel. Disappointed in my family, for not seeing how devoted to them I am. Disappointed in myself for letting people take advantage of me and my generosity. Today, I came to the realization that no matter how much I try, some people don't care about anyone but themselves. Devoting my life to a job that only ended up just being a paycheck was a real disappointment. I think I convinced myself that something better would have come from it. It was just a job and not my life. Life is more then a job. For so long I let it define who I was as a person. Everybody always asked and still ask, how "the shop" is doing, and for the first time I cannot answer that question. I think, when the job ended, I was sad and relived in the same moment. That time in my life is over. Trying everyday to help anyway possible and to no evale. I was the last one locking the door, only to see that there were still cars out front and the thought, do I leave it or do I reopen everything and put the cars away and be an hour late getting home. I always chose to put the cars away knowing nobody would even notice. My job didn't end at 5:30pm. To everyone else it is just a job and there is another one around the corner. I guess I thought too hard and hoped that working as hard as I did people would notice, but in the end all I ended up being was the bosses kid who was taking advantage of his parents. Don't let your job define you, jobs are a tightrope and they can snap at any moment. Be happy with your life first and then find something that you enjoy. Best wishes Charlie.

1 comment:

Sara White said...

Hey Charlie! From the little I have spoken with you lately, you seem like an AMAZING dad and husband! I 110% understand working for your parents. No matter how hard you work or what you do you are always still seen as the bosses kid. It's crap! Keep your chin up, Langley is LUCKY to have such a great daddy to stay home with her and take her to The little gym!