Saturday, November 15, 2008

It seems like just when we have adapted to a phase in development, Langley changes again. Her top two front teeth are growing in and it looks as if the incisors may be arriving soon. She is eating regular foods and we are working on maintain a balanced diet while ensuring that she gets enough calories to maintain her growth. It's a challenge. She is experiencing serious separation anxiety, more recently at night. I know she'll grow out of this phase but, it's so heartbreaking to see her express such fear. I wish there was a was to explain to her that we're not leaving her when she goes to bed.

It feels like winter is officially here. The windows have been open in our house and the cool night air is a refreshing change. We have renewed our evening walk ritual prior to dinner. Friday, we let Langley crawl in the grass at the park for a while. I think she enjoyed the freedom to explore the huge lawn.Charlie and I loved watching her discover grass all over again. Winter also brings cold and flu season. Its time for us to being our hibernation. Now until April, we'll limit Langley's exposure to large groups of people and we will absolutely avoid anyone who is sick or has been exposed to illness. Although this restriction is difficult, it is so important to make every effort to protect Langley from becoming ill. Her premature birth will affect her lungs and immune system for another year or two still. I've posted the link for the Centers for Disease Control for those of who want to learn a little more about RSV season. Thank goodness for netflix, tivo, books and the Wii. Otherwise, Charlie and I would go crazy! It's all worth the sacrifice for Langley.

4 comments:

Kelly & Paul said...

Hi Jessica!
Your little girl is soo very cute.
And I'm happy to see you and Charlie are doing great.
Well I'd like us to keep in touch.
Hope you don't mind I added you to my blog.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Kelly Schigotzki-Lopez

Heidi Nielson said...

I wish that winter here allowed for open windows!!! We've been blessed that it hasn't snowed yet. Normally by this time, the ground is already covered!
Your little girl is a doll!
(Oh, and I can't believe it's been 6 years since your mom passed. Crazy how time flies. Charlee has been gone almost 4 now...)

The Clonts Column said...

seriously i need a wii. You should get the rabbid rabbits game that you can play with your butt! that thing looks so cool! I miss you guys. Sorry im so busy and youre so busy too

Anonymous said...

So you like the air force then?